I have listed 11 TYPES OF PRAYER.
Prayer changes things, and all of history, the present and the future belongs to prayer warriors and intercessors.
This I the most urgent of times and it is now time to PRAY.
The acronym for prayer is;
Let’s pray like never before.
Let’s never stop praying.
Let’s intercede like we are their last living hope.
Let’s arise with Kingdom authority into every cultural sphere of life. Let’s impact the 7 mountains of society with history-making prayer.
Let’s shake off lethargy and become violent in our prayer life.
Let’s see the Kingdom of God advance through our prayer life.
Let’s take our rightful position,
Seated with Christ Jesus in Heavenly places.
Kneeling with Christ in intercession before The Father.
Let’s change this present darkness by calling The fear of God into the church and into all the earth.
Let’s the prevailing power of effective prayer and intercession shift change the atmosphere and bring Heaven to earth.
PRAYER is when we lift up to our Father every need, every desire, and every thought. But we do it from the expectant heart, and we do it with a sense of delight, not obligation.
“Rejoice always; pray without ceasing; in everything give thanks; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus” 1 Thess. 5:16-18
Definition of prayer is the ACTS of a Christian and the acronym for ACTS is;
INTERCESSIONis the go-between prayer. An intercessor mediates, occupying a middle position.
Ezekiel 22:30: I [God] sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before Me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none.
TYPES OF PRAYER;
- Prayers of adoration, praise and worshipis all about your love affairlove with God. This prayer is to praise God for goodness and majesty. Psalm 111:1-4
- Luke 2:20 describes the reaction of the shepherds who had seen baby Jesus: “Then the shepherds returned, glorifying and praising God for all the things they had heard and seen, as it was told them.”
- The prayer of agreement is corporate prayer after Jesus’ ascension, the disciples “all joined together constantly in prayer Acts 1;14
- Prayer of Binding and Loosingis to use your authority against the works of darkness and set the captives free. Matthew 18:18-19 whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.
- Prayers of confession is for salvation and for any other sin. 1 John 1:9 ‘If we confess our sins’
- Prayer of consecration and dedicationis setting ourselves apart to follow God’s will. Matt. 26;39 And going a little farther he fell on his face and prayed, saying, My Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me; nevertheless, not as I will, but as you will.
- Prayer of intercessionis to stand before God to obtain mercy for someone in need.”The work of the intercessor is to remind God of His promises and appointments yet to be fulfilled and to take up a case of injustice before God on behalf of behalf of another. Also to stand in the gap between God’s righteous judgments and the people’s need for mercy.
- Prayer of imprecation:Imprecatory prayers in Psalms 7, 55 and 69 are used to invoke God’s judgment on the wicked and thereby avenge the righteous.
- Prayer of thanksgiving recognizes the good things God 1 Thess. 5:16–18 Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances;
- The prayer of faith is also known as petition prayer that is asking God for a particular outcome James 5;15 And the prayer of faith will save the one who is sick, and the Lord will raise him up.
- Prayer of supplication is to take our requests to God. Philippians 4:6teaches, “Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.” Part of winning the spiritual battle is to be “praying at all times in the Spirit, with all prayer and supplication Eph. 6;18