2 Cor. 5:10 For we must all be made manifest before the judgment-seat of Christ; that each one may receive the things done in the body, according to what he hath done, whether it be good or bad.
Paul speaks about The Race (Christian Lifestyle).
- The winner leaves of laurel which would soon wither.
- The runner strived for the wreath – this crown dies.
- The wreath was just proof of victory.
- The winner strived for the victory.
Paul points out that our crowns are incorruptible, lasting forever, being the proof of victory of Christian living.
There are seven crowns.
- 2 of those crowns we have already received and we wear them daily.
- 5 crowns we receive when we stand before Christ.
- Crown of Separation CROWN of CONSECRATION (HOLINESS)
- Numbers 6:8 ‘all the days of his separation he is holy to the Lord.’
- Hebrew – NEZER – consecration, crown, separation.
- Nazarite Consecration.
- 1 Peter 2:9 You are a holy nation, priests and kings,
- Crown of Protection
- Psalm 5:12For it is You who blesses the righteous man, O LORD, You surround him with favor as with a shield.
- Hebrew – âṭar – to encircle as for attack, protection,
- Crown of Incorruptibility – Crown of VICTORY
- 1 Corinthians 9:25
- This crown is given to every Believer.
- It is everlasting and will never tarnish eternally sparkling and shining reflecting the glory of Christ our king.
- Crown of Rejoicing
- 1 Thessalonians 2:19-20
- Christ is our hope and joy.
- Crown of Righteousness
- 2 Timothy 4:8
- The Crown of Righteousness is given to all who are saved.
- Crown of Life
- James 1:12 Blessed is the man who endures temptation, because having been approved, he will receive the crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love Him.
- PERSECUTED Christians – all types of persecution.
- Revelation 2:10 Crown endurance.
- Crown of Glory
- 1 Peter 5:2 …to the Elders…
Casting their crowns before the throne… Saying, “HOLY, HOLY, HOLY”