Doctrine of Satan.
There is barely a culture, tribe, community, nation or society to be found in the world who do not have some form of concept or fear of an invisible evil power that seeks out to destroy them.
Satan who is Lucifer is the chief of devils.
The devil (Satan) mentioned in 7 books of the Old Testament and mentioned in 19 books of the New Testament and Jesus Christ mentioned the devil 15 times.
Satan has another name called Lucifer. Lucifer was created by God to be
The origin of Satan: Ezek. 28:12-19
- Lucifer was created by God to be the angel that had music within him, beauty, wealth and riches. Every precious stone was woven into his clothing He was created as the anointed guardian chrub that covers the holy holies. He was flawless in beauty and wealth, until Satan made a decision to rise above God. It was at this point that Satan corrupted his own wisdom and defilled his beauty for the sake splendour. Then God cast Ssatan down to be dispised by all.
- 28:12 He was full of wisdom and beauty.
- 28: 13 He was bejeweled with the every precious stone and the finest of gold.
- 28: 14 He was anointed the chrub that covers. The thoughts of many theologins is that Lucifer was anointed to be prophet, priest and king. But he failed and this could be the reason we see the seperation of ministry offices of prophet, priest and king in the Old Testament. In the New Testament we see the distinction of the three ministries in Christ, with Jesus Christ being the King of all Kings, our high priest and prophet.
- 28: 14 He was the guardian cherub whose purpose was to protect God’s holiness.
- The guardian cherub is said to resemble the likeness of a lion, calf, eagle and man. Gen.3, Ex. 25, 1 Ki. 6, Ezek. 1, Rev. 4Among the other purposes and functions of Lucifer, he also had the earthly work of Christ as pictured by the 4 gospels writers. Lucifer who was created to the guardian cherub had the likeness of these 4 images in him. When he cast down, he lost all his beauty and role as guardian cherub.
- Matthew presents Christ as the lion like King.
- Mark presents Christ as the calf like servant.
- Luke presents Christ as the perfect man.
- John presents Christ as the eagle –like God.
The fall of Satan: Isaiah 14: 12-14
Satan had only one thing from God and that was to take all the power fo God for himself. Satan did not desire any of the atributes of God, such as the many breasted one, or the provider, or the all knowing, or the banner, or refuge or healer, no satan wanted to be like El-Elyon the Most High. Satan wanted to be the most powerful strongest strong one. And so Satan said his fatal 5 “I will’s” of arogance and pride that led to his downfall.
- I will ascend into the heaven.
- I will exalt my throne above the stars of God.
- I will sit on the mount of of the congregation.
- I will ascend above the heights of the clouds.
- I will be like the most High.
When Satan rose his fist against God, The Lord rose up a standard against Satan cast him down.
It is amazing to see that Moses had a similar response to God, when the God called Moses to speak to Pharoah. Moses said 5 times “ I ” with false humility and pride that had God call for Aaron his brother to speak on Moses behalf. Exodus 3: 9 – 4: 13
- Who am I? Ex. 3: 11
- Who sent me? Ex. 3: 13
- They will not believe me. Ex. 4: 1
- I can not speak. Ex. 4: 10
- Please send someone else. Ex. 4” 13
We need to be very careful that we do not rise in arogance and pride before God or with false humility and unbelief.
Satan had his entire benefits and blessing from God taken from him and only by God’s grace and mercy we see that though the anger of Gdo rose against Moses and God chose Moses’s brother Aaron to speak on behalf of Moses, the Lord contued to use Moses.
When the I of self steps in, then we need to be aware of the impending downfall.
The personality of Satan:
- Satan is a real person. Though he is fallen angel from a celestial world he his not a creature of flesh and blood. Though he is a creature with a terestrial bodies. 1Cor.15: 39,40
- He posses iintelegence. We must be careful he does not get advantage of us and we must be ignorent of his devices. Eve was deceived by the subtility of satan. 2 Cor. 11:3
- He posses a will. 2 Tim. 2:26 Paul said that it is the will of Satan to take people captive.
- He posses a memory and thought. Mt. 4: 1-11 When Satan came to tempt Jesus , Satan quoted scripture an dtwisted the scripture to try and decieve Jesus.
- He posses orginizational skill. Rev. 12;4 It was Satan that used great skill an dtactics to decieve one thrid of all the angles to go against God.
- He posses emotions.
- Desire. Lk 22: 31 Satan desires to have you and sift you like wheat.
- Pride. 1 Tim. 3:6 Satan condems elders so that his pride is built up.
- Wrath. Rev. 12:12 Satan has a great wrath because knows his time is short.
The names of Satan:
The names and titles of satan, reveal his true perverted evil character.
- Adversary. Used 52 times in scripture.
- Slanderer. Used 35 times in the Bible.
- Prince of the power of the air. Eph 2:2
- The god of this age. 2 Cor. 4:4
- The king of death. Heb. 2:14
- The ruler of darkness. Eph. 6:12
- The prince of this world. Jn 12:31
- Leviathon. Isa. 27:1
- Lucifer. Isa. 14:12 (shining one, light bearer)
- The dragon. Rev. 12:7
- The deceiver. Rev. 20:10
- Apollyn. Rev. 9:11 (the destroyer)
- Beelzelbub. Mt. 12:24 (prince of demons)
- Belial. 2 Cor. 6:15 (vileness, ruthlessness)
- The wicked one. Mt. 12:38
- The tempter. 1 Thes. 3:5
- The accuser of the bretheren. Rev. 12:10
- A Liar. Jn 8:44
- An angel of light. 2 Cor. 11:14,15
- A murderer. Jn. 8:44
- The enemy. Mt. 13:39
- A roaring lion. 1 Pet. 5:8
The activities of Satan:
Satan is not lazy. He works at his activities and his primary focus is to rob, kill and destroy the creation of God and to get all mankind under his dominion.
- He imitates God.
- He has a false trinity. Rev. 16:3
- The dragon.
- The beast.
- The false prophet.
- He has synagogues and places of worship. Rev. 2:9
- He has his own doctrines. 1 Tim. 4:1
- He has mysteries. 2 Thes. 2:7
- He has his own throne. Rev. 2:13
- He has his kingdom. Lk. 4:6
- He has his worshipers. Rev.13:4
- He has his fallen angels. Rev. 12:7
- He has prohets, priests and kings. 2 Cor. 11:15
- He has miracles. Mt. 7:21-23
- He has his sacrifes. 1 Cor. 10:20
- He his army. Isa. 24:21
- He has his fellowship. 1 Cor. 10:20
- He has a false trinity. Rev. 16:3
- He sows discored (tares) among God’s wheat (children). Mt. 13:24-30
- He instgates doctrine. 1 Tim.4:1-3
- He pervites The Word of God. Mt. 4:6
- He hinders the work of God’s servants. 1 Thes. 2:18
- He resists the prayers of God’s children. Dan.10:12,13
- He blinds people from the Truth. 2 Cor. 4:4
- He steals The Word of God from your heart. Mt. 13:19
- He accusers believers God. Job 1:7-12
- He lays snares. 2 Tim. 2:26
- He temps. Mt. 4:1
- He afflicts. Job 2:7
- He decieves. Rev. 12:9
- He undermines the family and home. 1 cor. 7:3-5
- He pushes people to transgress against God’s holiness. 1 Chron. 21:1
The geographical and spiritual locations of Satan:
Satan will try to occupy, has all ready occupied and is presently occupying 6 different geographical and spiritual locations.
- In the Heavinlies as the choir leader of God. This was in the past before he was cast out of Heaven. Ezekial 8
- In the Heavinlies as the chief enemy of God and man. This is his present location. Job 1:6,7
- On earth. Rev. 12:7-12 His 1stfuture location during the tribualtion.
- In the bottomless pit, His 2ndlocation, immidiately after the battle of armagedon. Rev. 20:1-3
- On Earth for the last time. Rev. 20:7-9, His 3rdlocation, after the 1000 yrs of peace.
- His final destination, geographical location and home will the lake of fire. Rev.20:10
The limitations of Satan:
Satan is highly limited yet posseses more strength and savvy than any other archangel, angel, creature or person. But, in spite of prowers and abilities, he is only a created being and not The Creator of beings. Because of this blessed truth, the power of satan is highly limited and greatly restricted.
- Satan is not omnipotent.
- Satan is not omnipresent.
- Satan is not omniscient.
- Satan is subject to POWER of THE BLOOD of the LAMB and the word of our testimony.
- Satan cannot tempt a beliver, unless he gets permission from God. Job 1:8-12
- Satan cannot stand to be resisted. James 4:7
- Satan is highly limited in all is activities by the fervant ptrayers of the saints.
- Satans works and activities are restricted through true worship.
The victory of Christians over Satan:
The God of Peace will crush satan under your feet. Romans 1:20
You are an overcomer and The Lord God has given to you the power to OVERCOME (Nikao).
1 John 4:4 “You are of God, and overcome them, because greater is He that is in you, than he that is in the world.”
The word Nikao / overcome is used 28 times in the New Testament and it gives to you the promise of God in total victory over the devil.
The strategy in war, spiritual and secular is always 4 fold.
- Know your strength. 7:18 For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh. For I have the desire to do what is right, but not the ability to carry it out
- Know your weakness. Gal. 2:20 I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me.
- Know the strength of your enemy. The strongholds of the devil are called the 16 deadly D’s of satan. Satan will try to get a grip in your life through one or more of the these D’s.
- 1 Sam.30:6
- 2 Cor. 4:8
- Gen. 3:1
- Gen. 3:4,5
- Matt. 6:24
- 2 Cor. 4:2
- 2 Thes. 2:8-12
- Heb. 5:12-14
- Deadness Eph. 2:1,5
- Heb. 4:7-8
- Prov. 6:16-19
- 1 Cor. 3:16,17
- Heb. 6:10
- 1 Sam. 15:22,23
- Know the weakness of your enemy. 1:8-12 And the Lord said to Satan, “Have you considered my servant Job, that there is none like him on the earth, a blameless and upright man, who fears God and turns away from evil?” Then Satan answered the Lord and said, “Does Job fear God for no reason? Have you not put a hedge around him and his house and all that he has, on every side? You have blessed the work of his hands, and his possessions have increased in the land. But stretch out your hand and touch all that he has, and he will curse you to your face.” And the Lord said to Satan, “Behold, all that he has is in your hand. Only against him do not stretch out your hand.” So Satan went out from the presence of the Lord.
With this information you will not be shaken when the devil comes against.
Remember, you have blood of the Lamb and the word of your testamony and with this the enmy is pushed back.
I pray the Lord open will your eyes to spirit realm and you will see that greater is He that is for you than he that is against you.
I pray the Lord will cause your natural senses to know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit and when the devile comes against you, like a flood the Holy Spirit will build a standard against him.
My prayer for you is that You will see the Glory of God and enjoy the fulness of The Holy Spirit in power, signs and wonders.
I pray that you will rise up and go and set the captive free.
I pray that you will draw near to The Lord and as you call on His Name, you will see and experience salvation come to you and all that you have.
You have the victory and you are an overcomer.Follow me on social media